Sunday, December 13, 2015

What I Made in 3D Design



For the fall quarter of my sophomore year of college, I decided to take an art course that intimidated me because I wanted to get it checked off of my major prerequisites and also because I didn't want to take the course for over 10 weeks if I had the choice. Next year my university is switching back to the semester system, which means in this last year of quarters I want to get as many prereqs and classes I know won't be my favorite over with now rather than later. 3D Design seemed intimidating for me because I knew it would be a lot of sculpting and making something out of metal, wood, or clay.

It got me out of my comfort zone, though, and it made me more confident to try knew things, like ceramics. I discovered my love for the clay/sculpting room, and I made a few new friends who helped me with the basics and taught me what they know. I went into the class not knowing anything about ceramics and left it wishing I could keep making a bunch of ceramic projects for fun. I do plan on hanging out there in my free time next quarter because one of my friends won't be taking any of the same classes as me and it's just one of my favorite things to do right now. I also may have a few projects to pick up after they are fired.

In the above video, I show my finished pieces and an unfinished piece I will keep you updated on by filming the painting of the head you see me holding in the thumbnail. There will most definitely be a video on my channel so you can see more art over there because that's something I want to include on my channel a lot more now.

I am more of a 2D design type of person, but I also dabble in a little digital design for bookish merch. Check out my Redbubble page to see some of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment