Monday, July 7, 2014

ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell


I really enjoyed this book. It was a realistic love story between high schoolers in the 80s, and Rainbow Rowell was not afraid to break bad news and keep the ending predictable or fair to the reader, in a good way. She thought of the story and the characters in it before she thought, "Will the readers be pleased with this?" I respect the ending enough to say this was an amazing YA contemporary.

I loved seeing Eleanor and Park's relationship grow as they slowly got to know each other. The music and book exchange was beautiful, along with the character development for a few of the characters; it was all very touching.

What struck me was the ending, which can lead to a sequel, because of it's open ending. Although, I don't always like when the reader gets to decide the end, this one wasn't too bad. I was interested in this story before I got to the second chapter and until the end. This is a book I won't forget. [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment